600 Johnstown Rd
About this Event
Course Description: 🎵
Students will learn basic songwriting techniques, including but not limited to, forming chord progressions and melodies, writing arpeggios, writing lyrics, instrumental solos, and finally arranging the song. Great for ages 13+!
The workshop will be held at our Studio Location:
328 Neville Street, Beckley, WV 25801
Class Schedule: ⏰
Saturdays: 12pm – 2pm
March 6 – Basics of scales in relation to chords, chord progressions, and melodies. Translating chords to arpeggios.
March 13 – Writing lyrics and transitions between parts of the song (verses, choruses, hooks, the bridge, etc.). Instrumental solos, an arrangement of the song, and additional instrumentation.
March 20 – Sharing of the songs with the group, fielding further questions, and recording live demos of the songs depending on the students’ wishes.
Required Materials: 🎸
- Provided Materials:
- Microphones for recording
- Additional guitar picks
- Additional cables for instruments
- Power sources for electric instruments
As a result of participating in this highly engaging workshop, you will:
- Learn to take an idea from concept to finished draft
- Feel confident in your songwriting ideas and creations
- Have the creative motivation necessary for crafting songs
- Meet and network with other musicians and supportive peers